What Is Shock Wave Therapy (SWT)?
Radial shockwaves are high-energy acoustic waves. They are transmitted through the surface of the skin and spread radially (spherically) into the body. The body, responds with increased metabolic activity around the site of the pain. This stimulates and accelerates the healing process.
- The precision compressed-air impulse accelerates the projectile in the handpiece.
- The impact of the projectile on the applicator generates the shockwave.
- The shockwave is delivered to the tissue.
Your Podiatrist locates the pain through history and palpation. No surgery, no associated risks, no strong medication, no bothersome side effects. Uncomplicated outpatient procedure – fast, gentle and effective.
SWT Acts Fast
Just three to five applications at short intervals – just a few minutes each. Activates self-healing processes that continue to act even after therapy has been completed. The soothing effect of SWT becomes noticeable in just a few days.
Clinical Study Results
- SWT is used successfully in professional sports medicine and in daily medical practice worldwide.
- Its’ effectiveness has been demonstrated in a multitude of clinical studies (up to 70-80% successful outcomes) and has been approved by the TGA.
- The advantage of extracorporeal shockwaves is that they produce an analgesic effect on the treated area. The unfocused propagation of the shockwaves extends to the entire area where pain occurs.
- Affordable walk-in/walk-out in-office procedure
- No anaesthesia
- No injections
- No surgery
- No negative side effects
- No time off work
- Quick relief
Call us on 62932024 or BOOK ONLINE HERE